About Banner 3

What if there is no family or friends able or willing to serve as guardian?

If a guardian is needed and no family member is available or willing, there are two options. If the person is indigent, a Public Guardian may be appointed, if there is one in the judicial circuit where the person lives; otherwise a Professional Guardian may be appointed.