FSGA is an affiliate of the National Guardianship Association. FSGA members include professional guardians, public, corporate and family guardians, attorneys, fiduciaries, social workers, care managers, government agencies, court and clerk staff, not for profits, healthcare professionals and many others. The FSGA has adopted NGA’s Model Code of Ethics. Guardians are asked to sign a statement which indicates they will adhere by this model code.
What Is FSGA?
The Florida State Guardianship Association is dedicated to the protection of the dignity and rights of incapacitated persons and to increasing the professionalism of guardianship through education, networking, and legislative action.
The FSGA was founded in 1983 as a not for profit member association. As the leading statewide organization supporting professional excellence, the association is a voice for vulnerable persons and the people who serve them.
- Large and diverse networking group.
- Guardians (professional, public, corporate, & family guardians)
- Attorneys, paralegal/legal assistants, care providers, care managers, fiduciaries, social workers, nurses, court and clerk staff, government agencies, advocates, healthcare professionals, and many other dynamic professionals and persons.
- Sixteen local chapters statewide who meet regularly for education, training, and networking.
- FSGA is governed by a board comprised of Area Directors representing eight geographical areas of the state; Five At- Large Directors, Executive Officers, and Chapter Presidents.
What FSGA Has To Offer
FSGA hosts various training course and programs for guardians, attorneys, and other disciplines regularly. Members receive considerable discounts on continuing education courses, publications and materials, as well as on events and conferences.
Connect with other guardians, attorneys and professionals in your area to share information though our sixteen local chapters across the State of Florida.
Be a part FSGA’s statewide directory used by members and the public to find professionals in the guardianship field. Participate in the FSGA Listserv.