The FSGA is led by a robust Board of Directors from a variety of professions over all areas of the state of Florida. Members from the guardianship field direct the activities of the association to ensure that we remain the premier education and advocacy association for guardians and those they serve. Board roles are for professionals who like to roll their sleeves up and dedicate their time and energy to implementing the agenda of our association.
FSGA Directors identify and respond to trends in guardianship and other arenas. They set FSGA policy, and actively recruit new members. They generate leads and assist directly with acquiring sponsors and contributors to the Association. Directors oversee the planning and development of the Annual Conference and events.
The Board meets regularly virtually and occasionally in person, meeting attendance is required as well as service on at least two of the FSGA committees to ensure that the association plans are being implemented. Our Board is looking for new enthusiastic professionals to help guide our directives. Now accepting nominations for the following openings:
AREA DIRECTORS 2021-2024 (full terms) and AT LARGE DIRECTORS in the following areas include:
- Director Area IV Sarasota, Manatee, Desoto, Charlotte, Glades Lee, Hendry, Collier, Monroe
- Director Area ll Seminole/Orange, Osceola, Brevard, Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, Okeechobee
- Area VII: Alachua, Gilchrist, Levy, Citrus, Marion, Lake, Sumtner, Bradford.
- Director (At Large) ANY AREA
Currently VACANT are:
- Area I: Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton, Holmes, Jackson, Washington, Bay, Gulf and Calhoun. (term ending 2023)
- Area VI: Gadson, Liberty, Franklin, Leon, Wakulla, Jefferson and Madison County (term ending 2023)
- Area lll: Hernando, Pasco. Hillsborough, Polk, Highlands, Hardee, Pinellas (term ending 2022)
- Director (At Large) ANY AREA (term ending 2022)
Area Directors must reside within the area to be considered.
If you’d like more information, please contact Robin Phemister, FSGA Immediate Past President, Nominating Committee Chair.
All forms must be received by June 23, 2021. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.